ANNOUNCING a brand new 3-week school holiday program for ELECTRIC KIDS
On Wednesday & Saturday mornings throughout the holidays
WEDNESDAY’S – A fun, energetic 30mins to use up some of that iso energy! We will be moving to 6 different songs, you will learn a set chorus for each song and follow along for the rest. Aerobic dance moves, stretching, balance and rhythm will be just some of the techniques we cover – but all within a fun, casual class perfect for any level and a great way to burn some energy while still working on our dance skills.
SATURDAY’S – Keeping within the spirit of Body Electric
These fun jazz classes will encourage exploration and expression through dance while helping to develop strength, rhythm, balance and spatial awareness.
Perfect for kids who love to move and dance to their favourite pop tunes! After an energised warm up focusing on cardio, technique and flexibility you will learn a mini routine across the 3 weeks, and dress up for the final class to DANCE IT OUT!
* Wednesday 23rd Sept / 30th Sept
* Saturday 19th Sept / 26th Sept / 3rd Oct
* Cost: $25
These fun jazz classes for kids aged 5 years and Under will encourage exploration and expression through dance while helping to develop rhythm, balance and spatial awareness.Keeping within the spirit of Body Electric our junior jazz classes are fun and energetic with a strong focus on exploring individual movement style, expression and technique.
We’ll dance to everyone’s favourite songs each week, and we love taking requests!
- Beginner level
- Saturdays: 10:30am – 11:00am
- Wednesday 9:30am – 10:00am throughout Holidays
- $45 for term 3 – ONLINE
- Commencing 18th July
Some Information about your first class at Body Electric Dance Studios
It is important your child is dressed comfortably for dance class. Body Electric does not have a uniform policy however preferred dress is tight fitting dance attire such as leotards, bike pants, leggings, stockings and slim line tops. Wear clothing that allows the body to move freely & is not restrictive. Make sure hair is pulled back neatly for class. For safety issues don’t wear pants past the ankle & make sure fabrics can stretch with movement.
Jazz shoes are preferred and are the safest option, as they are supportive of your feet & also have a suitable sole for turning & jumping. Light sneakers are ok to begin with but will be sticky when turning & not supportive for other movement – this could potentially stress or injure your body. Jazz shoes can be purchased at dance shops like ‘Bloch’ or ‘Energetiks’. If wearing sneakers for the first couple of lessons go for light sand shoes rather then grippy rubber sneakers. Please do not wear socks alone (without shoes) as the studio floor will be slippery & dangerous.
- A water bottle may be brought into class, no food or flavoured drinks
- Please make sure you child has been to the toilet before class commences
- Parents need to remain in the building throughout the ‘5 & under’ dance classes. Parents will be asked to wait in the foyer area whilst class is running to help students build confidence and focus, individually and within the group. Parents will be able to view parts of class through the glass window.
- We will always come and get you if your child needs you
- For your safety it is recommended you attend both the warm up & cool down phases of the class. To avoid disruption & to prevent injury please arrive on time. Be sure to advise your teacher if you have existing injuries or conditions prior to class
- No refunds or deductions for missed classes
- Please note refunds will not be considered after the first week
- While Body Electric Dance Studios takes all reasonable care in the conduct of its classes, it accepts no responsibility for injury or loss caused during classes or whilst participants are at or near the dance studio